Slip and Fall Accidents Require a Shrewd Attorney in Fresno
Sustaining a serious injury while on someone else’s property is especially upsetting, as people expect to be safe or be warned if there is a dangerous condition. From cuts and abrasions to hip fractures and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), slip and fall cases are some of the most common. Property owners have a duty to the public to warn them of any dangers present, but sadly, many fail in this duty which results in injuries.
The property owners or possessors must make sure the property is safe for customers and employees, staying on top of regular maintenance issues such as patching cracks in steps, repairing gaps in sidewalks, installing handrails on stairs and cleaning up spills. This involves a legal term known as “premises liability,” referring to a property owners’ responsibility to ensure safe conditions for visitors, employees and residents.
Under California law, property owners (such as owners of shopping centers, office buildings and apartment complexes) can be held liable for slip and fall accidents on their property. If you have suffered a grave injury on another’s property, you could be entitled to compensation. Hiring a personal injury attorney who handles slip and fall cases is imperative to get the compensation you rightfully deserve.
The statistics are grim. According to the CDC:
- One in five falls leads to serious injury, i.e., a broken bone or head injury.
- Nearly three million older adults get treated in ERs for falls every year.
- More than 800,000 people annually visit the hospital due to a fall, such as head injury or hip fracture.
- Three hundred thousand people visit the hospital with hip fractures each year.
- Falls are the top result of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
Partner with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Fresno CA for Your Slip and Fall Case
Property owners must exercise reasonable care to keep the premises safe by regularly inspecting their buildings and ensuring they are safe for all foreseeable persons. Failure to provide reasonably safe conditions can lead to a slip and fall. When you need help after a slip and fall incident, contact a local personal injury lawyer in Fresno CA: Attorney Jacob Arisian of Arisian Law Group.
When you hire him, you are treated like a family member, as he brings compassion, unwavering persistence and dedication for justice to every slip and fall case he handles. And because he focuses on personal injury law, and slip and fall cases in particular, he knows this branch of the law inside and out. More specifically, he knows exactly how the local courts and insurance companies operate. As an experienced personal injury attorney in Fresno CA, he has a long history of providing local, personalized legal services.
The presence of a local law firm in Fresno puts you in close contact with a trusted attorney who is well known and respected in legal circles. Handling slip and fall cases on a regular basis means he has a proven knowledge of this area of the law, one that allows him to maximize your recovery.
You are not asked to pay anything until you win or settle. Driven by personalized attention and aggressive representation throughout Fresno and surrounding areas, Mr. Arisian works tirelessly for his clients, bringing a unique focus to every case:
- Local office, easy to get to (will come to you if need be!)
- Refined focus on slip and fall cases in and around Fresno
- Personal, attentive service
- Aggressive tactics to pursue maximum compensation
- One lead attorney who handles your case personally
- In-depth knowledge of Fresno personal injury law
- Clear and prompt communication with clients
- Handles all types of personal injury cases
- Free consultations
Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
Falls are tricky. They can happen in the blink of an eye, causing grave injury within seconds yet leaving the victim with months, years, or even a lifetime of physical injuries. However, these types of cases are notoriously hard to prove due to various factors. Not every fall on a property brings cause of legal liability. A lot of research has to be done to determine fault.
One thing that is certain is that many different injuries can result from a slip and fall. Those include:
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These aren't outwardly visible, making them difficult to prove in a lawsuit, plus you may not even know you have suffered a soft tissue injury until days or weeks later. These range from minor ankle and wrist sprains to severe tears in tendons and ligaments. If not treated, these soft tissue injuries can lead to chronic pain and vulnerability to future injuries.
- Head Injuries: Even a minor head injury should be considered a medical emergency. Particularly if there is swelling, bleeding or a brief loss of consciousness, you will need to seek emergency care ASAP. While minor concussions will eventually resolve themselves, more serious TBIs can permanently alter the ability to function and may require lengthy rounds of surgeries and rehab visits.
- Cuts and Abrasions: The most common include leg and arm abrasions, as well as wounds to the head and hips. Most of the time, a few stitches are necessary; however, when the impact is great, you may have cuts and abrasions on top of other medical issues such as concussions and broken bones.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These happen when the spinal cord is severed or compressed, usually resulting in life-threatening conditions or paralysis. These also happen to be among the most expensive injuries to treat.
- Broken Bones: Ranging from minor fractures to severe breaks that require numerous surgeries, broken bones can also be accompanied by damage to the surrounding tissue which may require long-term therapy.